In honoring our mission, volunteer recruitment will be centered around building relationships and working with individuals who:
- Are representative of the students from the communities we serve.
- Are committed to creating and maintaining spaces that elevate marginalized experiences/voices.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to self-reflection, growth, and accountability in all aspects of their work.
- Have significant experience working in diverse communities.
- Are capable of navigating spaces intended for members of marginalized communities with respect and humility.
All volunteer applicants must fill out a questionnaire. Depending on the nature of the volunteer service, volunteers may be asked to attend an orientation/training arranged by Camp ELSO staff prior to starting their service.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
This list is updated from time to time. To learn more about ongoing volunteer opportunities please contact Kaila Fontenot our Community Outreach Coordinator: email@example.com.
- Summer Preparation: prepare snacks and lunches for children and summer camp staff
- Garden Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Social Media Volunteer
- Van Driver
Current and Past Collaborators and Partners
Every year Camp ELSO collaborates with countless community based organizations, businesses, and environmental agencies in order to provide a multi-cultural one of a kind STEAM outdoor experience. Here is a snapshot of some of our partners:
- ZAP (ZOO Animal Presenters)
- The CENTER
- North Portland Community Works
- Get Hooked! Foundation
- Historic Kenton Firehouse
- Youth Mentoring Collaborative
- Friends of Tryon Creek
- Metro Regional Government
- East Multnomah County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Greater Than formerly "I Have A Dream" Oregon